Hi, I’m Liz!
Thank you for visiting, and for allowing me to share my journey with you. This space has been a long time coming, and I hope that my journey and experience will aid in your health, happiness, and ability to make well-informed and autonomous decisions for your well-being.
Before entering the wellness space, I spent a decade in the formal education field, earning a BA and MA in Math/ Secondary Education. I taught at both the HS and college levels, in addition to coaching, tutoring, mentoring, and working in admissions. But after nearly 15 years studying the value of nutrition & exercise in mental, physical, and emotional health, I have re-directed my energy and experience toward helping support others in their wellness journey. I am a Certified Personal Trainer (NASM), and Nutritional Therapy Consultant.
Some factoids about me:
- I’m a native New Yorker that has spent most of my adult life in New England (oh hey, Yanks + Sox rivalry), southern VA (where I quickly learned to speak a bit slower; but I still talk with my hands!), and Philadelphia (wandering downtown PHL after the Eagles won the Superbowl was quite the experience).
- College was the first time I had to put together my own outfits on a daily basis — I attended Catholic school from Pre-k through the 12th grade.
- Despite playing softball, basketball and volleyball growing up, I never considered myself much of an athlete. Ironically, I started TaeKwonDo when I was 10, and made it to brown belt in under 2 years. I am a HUGE proponent of martial arts for kids; esp. girls! Such an amazing confidence and discipline builder.
- I’m a former military (now Veteran) spouse, and passionate about supporting other military spouses. Also, GO NAVY!
- I’m a classically-trained singer, and performed lead roles in a number of musicals in local theaters during my HS/college/post-grad years. These days I mostly sing at friend’s weddings.
- I’m an ambivert — love to be around people, but am also a bookworm & need alone time to decompress and recharge.
- Growing up, we ate food at home so much that my brother and I used to beg my mom to get McDonalds “like all the other kids” as we’d drive past one. #thanksfornotcavingmom
- Perhaps its the teacher in me, but I’m a dedicated lifetime learner. I’m honestly obsessed with learning and would probably be a forever-student if I had the time and the fortune to pay for it!
- Being silly and making people laugh is my favorite; my go-to party trick is my impression of Marisa Tomei’s character in My Cousin Vinny.
- I’ve suffered from chronic IBS/ GERD since I was a teen, and became so sick during college that I was close to not graduating on time. It was scary and isolating, and really affected the person I’ve become; thus, my passion for helping others with their wellness!
As a coach, I strive to teach others how simple adjustments to diet, movement & mindset can help anyone — from the healthy to the chronically ill –-live a more peaceful and fulfilling life. If you are looking to make a change and need some support and guidance, I’d love to be there for you!
I currently reside in San Francisco, CA with my husband, and our fluffy pup Madison.